Congratulations on receiving your new B1! Use this guide to learn about pairing B1 with your preferred device, charging the battery, and restoring the headset to its factory settings.
What's included in the box
- B1 headset
- Magnetic charger
- Microfiber cloth
- Owners manual
- Warnings Manual
Turning B1 on or off
You can use the right button to power the headset on or off. Do this by holding the right button control for 3 seconds until you hear the audio feedback 🔈 On.
Similarly, hold the right button control for 6 seconds until you hear the audio feedback 🔈 Off.
Pairing with a device
Hold the right button control for 3 seconds until you hear the audio feedback 🔈 On. Open the Bluetooth settings on your device and wait for B1 and the device to locate each other, then select Sudio B1 when it appears in the list. You will hear 🔈 Connected, confirming that the devices are paired with each other!
Charging the battery
There is one battery in total on B1.
The B1 headset is charged with a magnetic charger. When the headset is charging, you will see a light on the side of the headset.
Restoring B1 to its factory settings
If B1 is behaving unexpectedly or you simply wish to restore it to its original settings, reset it by pressing both buttons on the headset for 5 seconds.
You may then proceed with pairing B1 again.
B1 enters pairing mode after turning on the headset, to do that press the right button on the headset for 3 seconds. When pairing B1 for the first time, you hear 🔈 On followed by 🔈 Ready to pair, find your Sudio product in the Bluetooth list of your device.
Pairing B1 with a device
- Turn on the headset by pressing on the right button for 3 seconds.
- Go into the Bluetooth settings on your device.
- For iOS (iPhone), go to the Settings app and select Bluetooth.
- For Android, go to the Settings app, then select Connections followed by Bluetooth.
- For Windows 10, click on the Start button, select Settings followed by Devices, and then Bluetooth and other devices.
- For macOS, go to the System Preferences app and select Bluetooth.
- Locate and select Sudio B1 in the Bluetooth list on your device.
- When paired you will hear the audio feedback 🔈 Connected.
If B1 has previously been paired with your preferred device, simply turn on the headset and it will automatically connect, so long as Bluetooth is activated on the device and B1 has not been paired with a different device more recently.
B1 uses Bluetooth version 5.2 which is compatible with a wide range of Bluetooth devices. The paired device does not need to be the same version, but similar versions are more likely to maintain a strong connection.
Some wireless devices may interfere with each others' signals, such as WiFi-routers, smartwatches, other Bluetooth devices, etc. If they operate within the same frequency, you may experience interference such as dropped sound and glitching. The easiest way to locate the cause of interference is by maintaining one connection between devices at the same time or take your B1 and connected device outdoors to see if the interference clears.
B1 can be up to a maximum of 10 meters (32 ft) from the paired device, but the connection may break if they are blocked by walls or similar objects.
Pairing with multiple devices
B1 can remember up to 10 devices and will pair automatically with the last used device. In most cases, you can switch between devices by selecting Sudio B1 in the Bluetooth list which pairs it with that device instead. However, some devices require B1 to be disconnected from the previous device entirely before they can be paired. It’s not possible to keep B1 connected to several devices at the same time, such as a laptop and smartphone simultaneously.
B1 has a button control button on each side that allows you to control certain features on your paired device.
- Press once on either button (left or right) to play or pause
- Press twice on the left button to rewind
- Press twice on the right button to go forward
- Press three times on the left button to decrease volume
- Press three times on the right button to increase volume
- Press (hold) for two seconds on left button to talk to the voice assistant.
- Press (hold) for two seconds on left button to exit the voice assistant.
Incoming phone calls
- Press once on either button (left or right) to accept a phone call
- Press (hold) for two seconds on either button (left or right) to reject or end a phone call*
*It's not possible to end a call using the button controls while using third-party conference software due to different software protocols.
- Press (hold) for three seconds on right button to power on the headset.
- Press (hold) for six seconds on right button to power off the headset. After 6 seconds the listening mode will change, followed by 🔈 Off.
If B1 starts behaving unexpectedly, or if you wish to remove the connection between B1 and the connected device, you can perform a factory reset to restore your Sudio B1 to its original settings. This will reset the connection between your paired devices.
- Press and hold the two buttons (left and right) on the headset for 5 seconds.
- The factory reset is now complete.
When you hear 🔈 Disconnected, proceed to pair the headset with your Bluetooth device.
B1 has one built-in battery on the headset.
Charging and play times
The headset can be used for approximately 6 hours on one charge.
The battery takes approximately 120 minutes to fully charge.
The B1 headset can be charged with the included magnetic cable.
Battery level indicators
There is one LED-light that indicates the headset's remaining level on the side of the headset next to the Magnet Charging port.
When attaching the magnetic cable to the headset, a light will turn on the headset, indicating that the headset is currently charging.
Headset (with cable attached and charging)
- White (fixed): 100% battery charged
- Orange/White blinking: 0-99% battery charged
Cleaning your headset on a regular basis will ensure the best possible sound performance and prevent it from wearing out sooner than expected. Use only a slightly damp cloth when cleaning the headset.
Keep in mind that with time, some discoloration may eventually appear. This is most common if the headset continues to come in contact with dirty surfaces or materials over extended periods of time.
Bone conduction is the conduction of sound to the inner ear primarily through the bones of the skull, allowing the user to perceive audio content without blocking the ear canal. Bone conduction transmission occurs constantly as sound waves vibrate the bone, specifically the bones in the skull, although it is hard for the average individual to distinguish sound being conveyed through the bone as opposed to the sound being conveyed through the air via the ear canal.
Although most sounds are transmitted through the air to our ears, bone-conduction headphones rely on sound being transmitted through vibrations on the bones of the head and jaw. The sound from this headset bypasses the eardrum and relays sound directly to the inner ear.
Sudio B1 is a device with a level 4 water protection rating, which means that the headset is water-resistant. At this level, the headset can handle heavy rain, sweat, and the occasional accidental splash.
IPX is an official third-party rating that is awarded through a series of tests. Sudio B1 is also completely sweat-proof and can be used during exercise.
However, for an IPX 4 rating, we would like to communicate that there is no guarantee that the headset will remain fully operational after activities like swimming or showering with them.